Thursday, June 18, 2009

You know you live in Louisiana when....

Your 3 year old tells you "turn on air, i hot" at bedtime.

And honestly, I do not blame him. It is hot! I honestly cannot remember the last time it rained or was under 95 degrees. It never cools down. It was already 85 when I left for work at 8:30 this morning!

But I must say at least it feels no where as hot as it did the month we moved here (July 2007). I will never forget after driving in the truck with two dogs and an 18 month old, we hit Alabama and it was a heat&humidity I have never felt anything like it. I thought I knew what hot, humid days were. I remember spending the previous summer in Long Beach Island during an awful heat wave that was, at the time, unbearable. Na-uh, that was CAKE. I think 30 times a day that month we move to Louisiana we said "Man, its soooooooooo hot!" And it was..

But I guess our blood has thinned, that's what the locals say, I'm no doctor...and its still hot, but its tolerable. We still get outside every day. We may have to give in and put the AC on and hate our electric company until October, but when we get to wear tank tops and flip flops on Mardi Gras, its worth it...


I think.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

You won an award on my blog!!!

Unknown said...

Fixed it.....Sorry about that!!! :0)

p.s. I hate Louisiana....ha ha.....It is SO RAINY AND DREARY here in NJ.....UGH!!!!

<3 ya

p.s. send me your e-mail address so I can help you out with your button :0)

allyvwell@comcast.net

Unknown said...

I nominated you for an award!!!! Come see!!

{Kimber} said...

I just found your blog through Alyson!!! I'm so excited a Louisiana peep!!!!!!
Where do you live????

{Kimber} said...

what a small world--
it is not letting me add you to my "blogroll" thing!! GRRRR I'll keep trying--I will look at your other blog too...glad to find a LA person :) {well sort of--Jersey}

{Kimber} said...

Oh and I live right outside of Baton Rouge :)