Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just an update...

I always say I am going to be better about blogging, and when I say it or type it, I really do mean it. But as I am sure many, many of your know, the days go by so fast and between being a wife, mother, employee, and an involved member of our church I am wiped. Most days after getting up to date with Facebook ( I know its pathetic Facebook is my biggest communication device, but its a very efficient way when most of your friend live about 1300 miles away,) and reading the blogs I follow, I have no choice but to step away from the computer and be a bit more productive, though if you saw my house, you might beg to differ that I am being productive at the moment.

So here is a little recap on whats been happening in our lives since 2010 begun.

It has been a unseasonably cold winter here in Southern Louisiana. The New Orleans Saints won the Superbowl and the entire city when crazy! It was impossible not to get swept up in the excitement that was Saints Fever! Still on a high from winning the big game, we headed right into Mardi Gras, my personal favorite time of year in NOLA. The below average temps and whipping winds did not keep this family from seeing EIGHT Parades, 3 of the 8 on Mardi Gras Day. We just bundled up New Jersey style, found a good spot at the beginning of the parade route, and yelled our best "Throw me somethin' Mister!'s" We saw tons of great marching bands, including the Marine Corps.











1 comment:

{Kimber} said...

wowzer!! thats A LOT of parades lady!!