Saturday, April 30, 2011

'Plain Wisdom' .... My thoughts exactly.

Image from Google.

I absolutely LOVE books pertaining to the Amish. Author Cindy Woodsmall is one of my favorite Amish Fiction authors and when I learned that she wrote a book along with her Old Order Amish friend, Miriam Flaud, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

'Plain Wisdom' By Cindy Woodsmall and Miriam Flaud is filled with short stories, advice, scripture, and some recipes that just sound delightful. It feels like you have been invited into an Amish home with two very different, but very similar women who share their life lessons with you.

I was inspired by some lessons, such as always remembering that a conversation with a love one could potentially be your last. To remember to never judge a book by its cover or a women by her kitchen. That a good friend removes loneliness and God is always your Good friend.

This book was heartfelt and inspiring. Full of Plain traditions and love for God,

I recieved this book free from Waterbrook Multhnomah Publishing group for this review.

No comments: