Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A recipe!

For a few months, I had a cooking blog with two of my friends called '3 Moms and a Kitchen'. We arent blogging there anymore, but obviously I am still cooking!

Every so often, I will post a recipe. Here is one I had posted in '3 moms'.

Banana French Toast

I don't think I can really call this a recipe... It is pretty much just adding bananas to the french toast recipe I use. French Toast is a super easy, super affordable, and definitely not only for breakfast! And you probably have all the ingredients on hand all the time, so its a good quick go to item.

Ingredients (serves 2-3, but easily doubled or tripled!)
(all measurements are approximate.. You can't mess this up y'all!)

4-6 pieces of bread
1-2 tbsp butter
2 eggs
1 1/2-2 cups of milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar
2 bananas cut into slices



Directions

-Heat a large skillet over medium heat.

-Whisk together your eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.

-Dip each side of the bread into the mixture and place into hot skillet. I can get 2-3 pieces in at a time.

-Add the banana slices to the side that has not hit the hot pan yet.

- After you lightly brown the first side, flip carefully. The bananas will use the egg mixture like a glue and will stay on the bread well.


-When both sides are golden, remove from pan and finish the other slices.

-Add some warmed up maple syrup and a side of bacon or sausage or corned beef hash!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Susan said...

This looks yummy! I love bananas.
Fun to stop by your blog. I live in Indiana, but am a Drew Brees fan, thus a Saints fan. We have made 2 trips to NOLA to see them play and enjoy the city. Who Dat!