Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where were you???

Nine years ago today, was absolutely the second scariest day of my life (the first being in 1999 when my little brother was shot, but that's another blog to be written..)

The day America was attacked...

Everyone I know remembers where they were when they learned what was happening. I was a senior in high school. I was in my third period class, which was ironically, Politics of Hatred. I remember the announcement on the PA system that said something along the lines of a plane crashed into the World Trade Center and they didn't have much information. I remember our teacher turning the TV in our classroom to a news channel and watching the second plane hit live on TV. I remember a girl in my class running out of the classroom saying her father was suppose to be in the WTC today for a meeting. I remember running after her, so she wasn't alone. I remember the joy on her face when she found out her fathers meeting had been canceled. I remember the school being locked down. I remember it being extra scary living in New Jersey, sandwiched between New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C. I remember them closing school. I remember going home and sitting in silence with my mom on the couch while we couldn't take our eyes off the TV.

I remember the brave individuals who went into those burning towers to try and save as many lives as they could...

I remember all the lives lost on that tragic day...

I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER 09/11/01 ♥


No comments: