Friday, December 11, 2009

'Tis the season........

Stolen (as usual..) from my Louisiana girl Kimber


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I like both. But I can only enjoy egg nog in small doses.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? WRAPPED!!! That is half the fun, tearing open unknown packages!


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored inside, white outside.


4. Do you hang mistletoe? We had this fake mistletoe thing in my house growing up, but I've never seen real mistletoe

5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend, usually. Except the tree. We wait til December for that.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Oooh toughy.. Turkey or mashed potatoes.


7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Everything on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Sneaking downstairs with my younger brother at 4am and trying to figure out what was in the boxes without waking up our parents.


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I snooped and found a gift and Christmas morning, it was labeled from Santa. I was embarrassingly 10 years old.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I don't really get gifts anymore. I may let Mason open one gift. We are really starting all our traditions this year, as its the first year Mason is really understanding the whole Christmas thing.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We collect ornaments from all different places we visit. Some were given to us by our parents when we moved away from home. It is an eclectic hodgepodge that brings up tons of memories every year we open the ornament box.


11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Eh.. I like falling snow and just fallen snow, but after a day or so when its all sludgy and dirty and stepped in.. no thanks.


12. Can you ice skate? Never tried....


13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child, Barbie Ice Cream maker. As an adult, my engagement ring!


14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Making memories. Loving Jesus.


15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
PIE!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Reading 'The Night Before Christmas' and baking cookies Christmas Eve for Santa.


17. What tops your tree? Currently nothing!! Ours broke.. I will remedy that tomorrow. It'll be a star though.




18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Who doesn't like getting presents? But I do get TONS of joy shopping for my kid and other children in my life.


19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? YUM!!! As long as they are original flavor.


20.Favorite Christmas Show? Christmas Vacation!!!!!



21. Saddest Christmas Song? Christmas Shoes... thats song gets me every year...


22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? So so many! I guess ' Its the most wonderful time of the year"

1 comment:

{Kimber} said...

loved your answers!!!!
:)